Create a company request
- At least two shareholders and two directors
- At least one company secretary
- Must have a registered address in a Malaysian company office
- The minimum authorized share capital of 3,000 MYR
The director’s nationality is unlimited, must be 18 years of age or older, has a residential address in Malaysia, has not been bankrupt and has not been convicted and imprisoned for the past five years
Malaysia Company Registration Benefits
- Among some of the benefits you stand to gain by opening a company in Malaysia are:
- Malaysia is strategically positioned in Asia
- Ranked 18th by the World Bank 2016 for ease of doing business
- No restrictions when it comes to repatriation of capital, profits, royalties and dividends
- Malaysia has double taxation treaties with 68 other countries
- Low start-up costs and rental rates
- Copy of passports of shareholders and directors
- Equity distribution information
- Verification copy of company registration certificate/verified copy of foreign company registration
- A verified copy of the foreign company charter and the statute/memorandum and charter/other methods used to define its charter
- The appointment of the charter or the power of attorney of the authorized person in Malaysia
Submitted documents require notarization
The corporate tax rate in Malaysia is 24%.
For companies with paid-up capital of less than RM2.5 million, the first tax rate of RM500,000 is 20%, and then the income is taxed at a rate of 24%.
Malaysian national profits tax of not more than RM26,501 per year is 1%-26%, and foreign nationals' tax rate is fixed at 26%.
A preferential tariff is imposed between Malaysia and ASEAN countries, and the import duty on industrial products is 0-5%.
Malaysia imposes an export tax on the export of resource products including crude oil, logs, sawn timber and crude palm oil.
The registration time is within 2 months after the submission of the information.