Valid Hong Kong Work Visas are required for foreigners by the Hong Kong Immigration Department before taking up any sort of employment, unless you have been provided a Right of Abode, a Right to Land or an Unconditional Stay in Hong Kong.
Generally, in order to successfully apply for a work visa in Hong Kong, there are several criteria Immigration will be focused on:
1. An individual should have secured an employment/job offer before the visa application is submitted;
2. An individual should possess unique qualifications and relevant working experience that are not readily available in Hong Kong.
3. An individual should be placed in a management level job position and the salary offered should be met with market rate.
4. The sponsoring company should be financial stable and healthy.
5. The sponsoring company should have local staffs and office premise has already been set up
The processing time of a work visa is normally 6-8 weeks from the date of submission. Upon approval of the application, a two-year work visa will be granted. The applicant will then be allowed to apply a resident Hong Kong Identity card. The applicant should apply and be granted a work visa before entering Hong Kong to take up his/her employment.
Onestart Service Involves:
Provide consultation service regarding to the documents required for the work visa application;
Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the applicant;
Complete all necessary Hong Kong Immigration forms for the applicant;
Review and organize the documents in favor of immigration policy;
Suggest alternative documents if the applicant is not able to get the listed documents;
Submit the application to Immigration Department;
Reply on the applicant’s behalf to all enquiries and correspondences from Immigration Department;
Prepare and draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
Monitor the application process;
Keep the applicant updated on the status of the application;
Accept the approval and have the visa delivered to the applicant;
Provide guidance on Hong Kong Identity Card application.
1. Free consultation regarding to the Hong Kong work visa application;
2. Advise the applicant and the sponsoring company on their alternatives and the likelihood of success;
3. Obtain the applicant/sponsoring company’s signature on the letter of engagement;
4. Obtain deposit payment;
5. Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the application;
6. Complete immigration forms, drafts and letters;
7. Review the collected documents to ensure they are correctly presented;
8. Draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
9. Ongoing liaison with Immigration Department;
10. Reply Immigration Department’s enquiries on the applicant’s behalf;
11. Accept the visa approval and collect the visa label from Immigration Department;
12. Deliver the Hong Kong visa to the applicant;
13. Provide guidance on Hong Kong Identity Card application.
- An application form ID(E) 990A with the applicant’s signatures;
- Copy of the applicant’s passport;
- Copy of the applicant’s service contract with the sponsoring employer;
- Copy of the applicant’s Upload documentary proof of qualifications and other types of documents
- An application form ID(E) 990B with the sponsoring company’s signatures;
- Copies of the sponsoring employer’s business incorporation documents;
- Copy of the sponsoring employer’s financial documents.
- The processing time of a work visa is normally 6-8 weeks from the date of submission.