Onestart provides professional legal service referrals to solve any legal issues and commercial disputes that customers face when operating the company.


Commercial Disputes

Business and commerce is second nature to Hong Kong people. Commercial opportunities abound in Hong Kong. Where commercial activities and opportunities thrive, however, commercial disputes are bound to arise.


Attorneys Approved Corporate Documents

Notary Public
Notary Public are appointed by the Hong Kong High Court, to provide international notary services to the public. After international notary prepares, certifies and witnesses the signed document. The document is signed and sealed by the international notary. It can be used overseas (except in mainland China). The signature and seal of Hong Kong international notaries are widely recognized internationally.

China Attesting
According to the “Regulations of the Chinese Appointed Attesting Officer (Hong Kong)” issued by the Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China, a Hong Kong lawyer who has obtained the qualifications of a Chinese appointing notary must be qualified as a registered lawyer in Hong Kong and must be a senior lawyer who has practiced at least 10 years. The Ministry of Justice is appointed after passing the assessment.


Power of Attorney Attestation

PoA is a written document which includes a certificate signed either by a solicitor who is registered to practice law or by a medical doctor. Having a PoA lets you plan what you want another person to do for you in the future, should you become incapable of making decisions about your own affairs. You will need to arrange for your own PoA document to be drafted.The law says that someone who is currently declared as bankrupt can make a PoA to deal with their personal welfare decision making but not about their financial and property affairs.


Companies Winding-up

Winding-up of a company means to dissolve a company through legal procedures. Modes of winding up include voluntary winding-up and compulsory winding-up.

Why winding up and who may present a winding-up petition?

1.Compulsory winding-up
- If you are a creditor of the company, and you wish to force the company to repay its debts;
- If you are an unpaid employee of the company, and you wish to force the company to repay your outstanding wages or make a claim to the Protection of Wages on Insolvency Fund (PWIF);
- If you are a minority shareholder of the company and is of the view that your interest in the company is unfairly prejudiced by other shareholders; and
- When there is management deadlock which makes your company unable to continue its operation.

OneStart provides you with detailed case analysis and legal advice on the winding-up procedures, assist you in making application to the court to wind-up the company and deal with the related legal procedures on your behalf.

Compulsory winding-up
- If you are a shareholder or director of a company that is insolvent and unable to continue with its operation, you may want to dissolve the company in a legal and organized manner so that you can account to your creditors.

OneStart refers professional lawyer to handle the whole winding-up process on your behalf which includes: making the necessary applications to the court, answering your creditors’ enquiries and appointing liquidator.