Overview of Foreign-owned Enterprises
After China becomes the member of World Trade Organization (WTO), more Foreign-owned Enterprises in the area of business service, consulting, software development or trading companies are established in China.
- Assist with the registration process and Chinese notary
- Provide Address for Registration
- Accounting and Tax Returns
Advantages of Foreign-owned Enterprises
- Be able to do business formally without having to have as many limitations as your office.
- Users can open RMB invoices, and RMB as revenue.
- Renminbi profit is converted into USD to remit to overseas parent company.
- Employ employees directly in China.
Business Scope of Foreign-owned Enterprises
There is a strict limitation on carrying business in China. Foreign-owned Enterprises only allowed to carry business within its allowed business scope which is stated on its business certificate.
Requirements for setting up a foreign company
- An actual registered address
- At least one shareholder. Shareholders without citizenship restrictions
- At least one director. If there is only one director, who will serve as legal representative
- At least 1 supervisor, who cannot concurrently as a director or legal representative of a Chinese company
Registered capital requirements:
- Trade: RMB500,000 (wholesale), RMB300,000 (retail)
- International Freight Forwarders: RMB5,000,000 (Sea), RMB3,000,000 (Air), RMB2,000,000 (Land)
- Software Development, Consulting, Design: RMB100,000
- Identity card of shareholders, directors and supervisors (2 copies), subject to Chinese notary
- Shareholder’s bank credit certificate (additional Chinese translation required)
- Original Office Lease
If the shareholder is another limited company, the following Chinese notarization (2 copies) is required:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Last year’s business registration
- Annual Return of the Latest Year
Annual filing hours
- Accounting and tax filing: 15th of each month
- Annual Tax Review: 1 January to 31 May
- Annual Auditor’s Report: 1 January to 30 June
- Degree annual inspection: 1 January to 30 June
Enterprise Income Tax
Tax rate is 25%
Annual sales of more than 80 million: 17%
Annual sales of 800,000 or less: 3%
Time Required for the Application
Around 30 working days.